Powerful4x4 offers free shipping within NZ
Olive Recovery Traction Tracks Sand Mud Snow Track Tire Ladder – In Pair
Package with two boards
Available in 4 colors: Red/Black/Olive/Blue
Traction tracks typically consist of a sturdy, durable plastic , with a tread pattern on the surface. The tread pattern helps to grip the ground and provides traction for the vehicle’s tires. These tracks are lightweight, portable, and can be easily stored in a vehicle.
Here’s how traction tracks are commonly used:
-Sand: When a vehicle gets stuck in sand, the driver can place the traction tracks in front of or behind the tires that are spinning. The vehicle’s tires can grip the tracks, allowing it to gain traction and move forward.
-Mud: In muddy conditions, traction tracks are placed in front of or behind the tires that are losing traction. The tracks provide a solid surface for the tires to grip, helping the vehicle to move through the mud.
-Snow: When driving in deep snow or on slippery surfaces, traction tracks can be used to improve traction. By placing the tracks under the tires, the vehicle gains traction and can maneuver through the snow more effectively.
To use traction tracks effectively, follow these steps:
- Assess the situation: Determine which wheels are losing traction and where to position the tracks.
- Clear the area: Remove any loose debris, snow, or mud from around the tires to create a clean surface for the tracks.
- Position the tracks: Place the traction tracks in front of or behind the tires, ensuring they are aligned properly and securely positioned.
- Drive onto the tracks: Slowly drive the vehicle onto the tracks, ensuring the tires make full contact with the track’s surface.
- Gain traction: Apply gentle and consistent pressure on the accelerator pedal to allow the tires to grip the tracks and gain traction.
- Remove the tracks: Once the vehicle is back on stable ground, carefully remove the tracks and store them properly.
Check our listings for more Powerful accessories.